I don’t know about you, but I don’t know what I would do if I had to give up coffee. What’s unfortunate is it’s not the healthiest of drinks. Coffee contributes to blood sugar irregularities and can add stress to the adrenal glands. You must be wondering why people are still buying their krups coffee maker water filters and Folgers coffee. Despite its health issues, coffee is the most effective at waking people up and keeping them energized through the day. Here is some advice on staying healthy while keeping your cup of joe:
- 1. Choose organic – Regular, conventional coffee has been sprayed with pesticides and can contain harmful chemicals. Certainly don’t buy flavored coffees as they are loaded with artificial flavoring. Luckily with choosing organic, you will have many available options.
- 2. Eliminate or minimize sugar – For people who don’t like the taste of sugarless coffee, this could be difficult. Refined sugar is very bad for your health so it’s best to stay away from it. Use cream to sweeten your drink but make sure to stay away from creamers as they are pact full of chemicals.
- 3. Purchase whole beans- By grinding your own whole beans at home; you are keeping the healthy bits intact. When the inner part of the bean is put in contact with oxygen and moisture, it will begin to breakdown and go bad. When you grind your coffee and drink immediately after, you are taking advantage of the freshness and the anti-oxidants found in coffee beans.
- 4. Drink only one cup per day- If you love the taste of coffee, regardless of the extra boost it gives you, this tip can seem impossible. But lowering your coffee intake can be better for your health. Don’t go cold turkey; just gradually reduce the amount you drink each day.
- 5. Drink after the meal- Eat before you drink a cup of coffee, especially when it’s breakfast. If you drink coffee without eating first, your blood sugar drops hard. Coffee also is an appetite suppressant so you won’t feel hungry. By eating first, your stomach can regulate blood sugar levels.
With this advice, you won’t have to feel so guilty next time you put a big spoonful of coffee into your krups coffee maker water filter and enjoy a warm cup of joe in the morning.